--> <br>Brigid the blog poetry muse dwells here War is not the Answer<br>RIDE A BICYCLE (Poetry in Motion)


Site navigation

The world appears more interesting when you live more than half way to the pole. Different voices too.
"I discovered the Theory of Relativity while riding a bicycle." ~ Albert Einstein ~

Archives & Previous Post At End of Sidebar

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.

Please email the author of this page for a reproducible copy with proper attribution affixed before using under the Creative Commons License.



Syndicate this site







Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Recommended Net Radio

Poetry Links

Stuff to know about

CHIasmus
Who is Brigid?
Code Pink

Unsafe surfing
Media-Culture, au
Kilometer zero Project
Work to Live

Native Voices
The New Enlightenment
Culture Change

Truthout
The-insight.com
Journal of Women's Writing

Orcinus - David Neiwert/
Quotable Cyclist

My Screensavers
Creative Commons

The Connected Traveler
Vagablogging w/ Rolf Potts


Online Reference
Dictionary, Encyclopedia & more
Word:
Look in: Dictionary & thesaurus
Computing Dictionary
Medical Dictionary
Legal Dictionary
Financial Dictionary
Acronyms
Wikipedia Encyclopedia
Columbia Encyclopedia
by:

Tuesday, May 25, 2004

I have had some correspondence the past few days with online poetry rings, pffft, who knows. It started out:

--- Maryvonne Martin wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I am the editor/publisher of the monthly, Poetry
> Sharings Journal Magazine
> and e-mail version.
> http://editorps.tripod.com/

Be the skeptical type, I did some poking around before I took the bait. What a joke. If you have absolutely nothing else to do, go ahead and backup my disgust by following the links.

Maybe I don't get it. One example to be found on this "site"(sic.):

PoemsbyValerie

The "Famous Poets Society" is obviously something special. Try reading one Valerie's poems????

Read her bio.
" '... I never really thought about submitting any of my poetry until 1999. But my skill in writing poetry was recognized by The Famous Poets Society, and also, The International Library of Poetry.'"

Can a person who is so uncritical actually be a noted research librarian?
The "Famous Poets Society" you just have to be kidding me. I leave it to the reader to make sure the screen on your crap detector is clean before you enter this space looking for good research.

Check out this site for info: PoetryScams.com


"I don't get it." Who would put this person on TV or have them speak (Maybe they made her promise not to read any of her poetry.)? The work of the middle school poets is better than this drivel.

Well, my curiousity got the best of me. There is a person named Glen Williams that hosts a program "Its all about the arts" on BNN which is a community access TV in Boston. I guess everybody deserves a chance. A real live Cheers person, I guess.

On the other hand there is something to be said for quality and high standards.

I still don't get it!

This stuff couldn't make it on Jeopardy.

Then again, Maybe I do.

">8<"

2 Comments:

Blogger HL said...

Like this.

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like this one.

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home